Sunday, October 5, 2008

1 February 1922

My Dearest Curtis,

How are you? As for myself, all of nineteen and hoping you are the same. Say, kid, why didn't you come Saturday night? We sure did miss you. I would give this old world if you had come up. You are the only sweet boy I ever did love, and I love you more than any other girl could think of loving a boy. You must come here one day this week and stay three or four days with me, for I love you more to tell you than you ever have thought of.

Say, sweet, you know I just love you so. I just can't stay away from you at all. I would give this world if I could see you, the only one I can ever love and the one I love with all my heart and soul. Curtis, you know there never will be a girl who can love you as much and will do as much for you as I will. I wish you were here so I could tell you my thoughts. It would do me so much good.

I want you to keep me warm. I want to hold you in my arms tonight. I never will die satisfied until I get you for my sweet hubby. I sure wish I knew you wanted this half as much for me as I do for you. If I knew you would take that girl, I would sure kill myself. Listen, Curtis, will you please not go with her? For it just kills me to hear of you being with her. Dear sweet, let me tell you something, if you won't tell who told you. If you knew what I did you wouldn't go with her any more.

DBG

No comments: